MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Share
    avatar
    StrawberryKiss
    Admin

    Posts : 56
    Join date : 2011-05-12

    MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  StrawberryKiss on Thu May 12, 2011 2:30 pm

    I'm on the stricter side when it comes to MEP tracks, so here's my guidelines.

    High Quality Footage

    Make sure you're using the best quality you can. I'll be expecting FINAL tracks to follow this format.

    Lagarith/Lossless/or .AVI
    720p or 480p Widescreen

    Preferably don't send me mp4s or wmvs for your final track.
    Final MEP mixdown will most probably be 848x480 resolution so that or higher will be preferred.

    No Logos

    A lot of new anime has logos because it's not out here yet. Please, don't have any on your tracks.

    Transitions

    Between several of these tracks is a musical transition. We'll be doing our best to match our editing with that. Each person will have to devise a creative transition at the end of their track for the next. Keep in mind this is when teamwork and being able to contact your partner editors is important.

    If you absolutely have trouble with this chat with me and we'll get something worked out. Good transitions will be important to me for this MEP.


    Edit: mp4 can be acceptable if you're good at compressing.



    Last edited by StrawberryKiss on Thu May 12, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Ryniek

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2011-05-12
    Age : 26

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  Ryniek on Thu May 12, 2011 3:42 pm

    StrawberryKiss wrote:I'm on the stricter side when it comes to MEP tracks, so here's my guidelines.

    High Quality Footage

    Make sure you're using the best quality you can. I'll be expecting FINAL tracks to follow this format.

    Lagarith/Lossless/or .AVI
    720p or 480p Widescreen

    Preferably don't send me mp4s or wmvs for your final track.
    Final MEP mixdown will most probably be 848x480 resolution so that or higher will be preferred.

    No Logos

    A lot of new anime has logos because it's not out here yet. Please, don't have any on your tracks.

    Transitions

    Between several of these tracks is a musical transition. We'll be doing our best to match our editing with that. Each person will have to devise a creative transition at the end of their track for the next. Keep in mind this is when teamwork and being able to contact your partner editors is important.

    If you absolutely have trouble with this chat with me and we'll get something worked out. Good transitions will be important to me for this MEP.




    hm, why not mp4 for final track ? affraid
    I can't send it in .avi after rendering using lagarith cuz it will be like 300mb, I know you mean the footage, but I'm encoding it with AMVsimple from .avi to mp4 with good quality, so I'm wondering why not mp4 :< Ofc. I can send in .avi encoded Xvid too. Neutral
    avatar
    StrawberryKiss
    Admin

    Posts : 56
    Join date : 2011-05-12

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  StrawberryKiss on Thu May 12, 2011 3:48 pm

    Ryniek wrote:
    StrawberryKiss wrote:I'm on the stricter side when it comes to MEP tracks, so here's my guidelines.

    High Quality Footage

    Make sure you're using the best quality you can. I'll be expecting FINAL tracks to follow this format.

    Lagarith/Lossless/or .AVI
    720p or 480p Widescreen

    Preferably don't send me mp4s or wmvs for your final track.
    Final MEP mixdown will most probably be 848x480 resolution so that or higher will be preferred.

    No Logos

    A lot of new anime has logos because it's not out here yet. Please, don't have any on your tracks.

    Transitions

    Between several of these tracks is a musical transition. We'll be doing our best to match our editing with that. Each person will have to devise a creative transition at the end of their track for the next. Keep in mind this is when teamwork and being able to contact your partner editors is important.

    If you absolutely have trouble with this chat with me and we'll get something worked out. Good transitions will be important to me for this MEP.




    hm, why not mp4 for final track ? affraid
    I can't send it in .avi after rendering using lagarith cuz it will be like 300mb, I know you mean the footage, but I'm encoding it with AMVsimple from .avi to mp4 with good quality, so I'm wondering why not mp4 :< Ofc. I can send in .avi encoded Xvid too. Neutral

    I just felt like some mp4s are too compressed and the footage isn't as good as Xvid or Lagarith. 300MB files are perfectly fine for me, and lots of MEPs I have gone through transferring the big files.

    I suppose mp4 can be acceptable.
    avatar
    Ryniek

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2011-05-12
    Age : 26

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  Ryniek on Thu May 12, 2011 4:04 pm

    StrawberryKiss wrote:
    I just felt like some mp4s are too compressed and the footage isn't as good as Xvid or Lagarith. 300MB files are perfectly fine for me, and lots of MEPs I have gone through transferring the big files.

    I suppose mp4 can be acceptable.
    Oh, it's not problem, but kinda weird to send 30 sec vid with size 300 mb, well, I can encode it to 10 mb with 8000 kbs, so it will be nice quality, ofc. if the previous my footage will have nice quality too, anyway we can talk about it later when i'll finish my track, so like in few days. afro
    avatar
    BrokenS0ulz

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2011-05-12
    Age : 21
    Location : England

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  BrokenS0ulz on Thu May 12, 2011 4:10 pm

    I am not so experienced with encoding methods... I have the lagarith avi template, but it makes my files really big sizes and it lags when playing on windows media player D:
    avatar
    Ryniek

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2011-05-12
    Age : 26

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  Ryniek on Thu May 12, 2011 4:18 pm

    BrokenS0ulz wrote:I am not so experienced with encoding methods... I have the lagarith avi template, but it makes my files really big sizes and it lags when playing on windows media player D:
    yes, cuz it's like uncompressed but with smaller size, then you use zaraxgui or some other program and encode it to mp4 with smexy quality Cool
    avatar
    nivekov123

    Posts : 20
    Join date : 2011-05-12

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  nivekov123 on Thu May 12, 2011 4:37 pm

    Just use AMVSimple and use the deluxe feature, it has a really nice pixel preservation and compression ratio. tongue
    avatar
    Ryniek

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2011-05-12
    Age : 26

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  Ryniek on Thu May 12, 2011 4:44 pm

    nivekov123 wrote:Just use AMVSimple and use the deluxe feature, it has a really nice pixel preservation and compression ratio. tongue
    mhm, i'm using AMVsimple 1.4 cuz it's encoding to smaller size then 3.5 but in 3.5 version you can change resolution even ;-)
    avatar
    nivekov123

    Posts : 20
    Join date : 2011-05-12

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  nivekov123 on Thu May 12, 2011 6:42 pm

    that's what im using ;D
    avatar
    zaiyei

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2011-05-12

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  zaiyei on Thu May 12, 2011 7:32 pm

    Sounds good:)
    I might need you to help me since I'm not so clear on lagarith, lossless, and all the technicalities of editing/encoding. But I'm willing to learn:)
    avatar
    nivekov123

    Posts : 20
    Join date : 2011-05-12

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  nivekov123 on Thu May 12, 2011 8:59 pm

    I'm sure we'll be glad to help Smile
    avatar
    xTRIMPH

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2011-05-13
    Location : Casablanca, Morocco.

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  xTRIMPH on Fri May 13, 2011 5:56 am

    I have big trouble with AMVsimple so I might need help as well x.X
    I can render in Lagarith though so no real problem ;3
    As for the transition, I will keep that in mind, ideas are flowing right now 8D
    avatar
    Kaream

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2011-05-12

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  Kaream on Fri May 13, 2011 11:30 pm

    You'd wanna go with 852x480 if you want exact widescreen on youtube.
    Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.
    avatar
    xDreww

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2011-05-14
    Age : 29
    Location : New York

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  xDreww on Sat May 14, 2011 9:01 am

    Sounds awesome to me ^^
    avatar
    nivekov123

    Posts : 20
    Join date : 2011-05-12

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  nivekov123 on Mon May 16, 2011 8:15 pm

    yeah what kaream said, yt messed up AR real bad its like ticklin a horse's hairy balls
    avatar
    LopezAMV

    Posts : 8
    Join date : 2011-05-12

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  LopezAMV on Wed May 25, 2011 10:07 pm

    Will the MEP be scripted?
    avatar
    StrawberryKiss
    Admin

    Posts : 56
    Join date : 2011-05-12

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  StrawberryKiss on Thu May 26, 2011 10:32 pm

    LopezAMV wrote:Will the MEP be scripted?

    Individual tracks that haven't been scripted already will be.

    Sponsored content

    Re: MEP Rules & Guidelines

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:33 pm